£60.00 - £69.00 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications.
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Vision for Education is looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant (TA) to join our join our successful supply agency team and work in a local school in the Newcastle local authority. This is due to commence as soon as possible. For the right candidate there is an opportunity to go permanent.
Working as part of an energetic and creative team, the successful Teaching Assistant (TA) will focus on delivering support to children with ASD (Autism) and MLD (Moderate Learning Difficulties). This position will be 5 days a week, working 08:30 – 16:30 Monday to Friday.
The successful candidate will ideally have Team Teach Training however this is not essential. If applicants are successful there is an opportunity for you to attend the Team Teach training course that Vision for Education provides.
To be considered for the Teaching Assistant position, you will:
- Have experience supporting children in small groups.
- Have experience working with children with Autism and Moderate Learning Difficulties.
- Be patient and have a caring nature.
- Be available to work between Monday and Friday 08:30 – 16:30pm.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake a face to face interview and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Vision for Education offers
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £390.
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an individual who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Newcastle SEND team on 01912291386.