The David Ross Education Trust is now recruiting for a Teaching Assistant. If you are an experienced Teaching Assistant, this role at Kings Heath Primary Academy could be the ideal next step in your career.
About the role
To support students, including those within SEN, with their learning and personal care needs; to work with other staff to further students’ independence and to enable them to access specific areas of the curriculum. The post holder will also organise and undertake other related duties to support learning, personal and social development.
Salary & Benefits
- £12,453pa pro rata – 33.75 hours per week, 39 weeks per year, term time only
- Access to Local Government Pension Scheme
Who we are looking for
- 5 GCSE at C grade or above including Maths and English
- Ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people.
- Motivation to work with children and young people.
- Good numeracy/literacy skills.
- Experience of working with children or young people
- Experience of working in an educational environment
- Ability to engage with a wide range of students from different backgrounds
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the Academy
- Be able to work under pressure and prioritise your own workload
- Be able to inspire, motivate and enthuse students throughout the academy
- Ability to safely manage classroom activities and learning resources
About The David Ross Education Trust
The David Ross Education Trust (DRET) has grown to a network of 34 academies, incorporating primary, secondary and grammar, and special schools. We employ over 2000 people with the primary focus of raising the standards of education for 13,000 young people. Whatever your role, you should know you are contributing to achieving our vision of inspiring the next generation of young people to be the best they can in whatever they choose. Our aim is to be the country’s leading academy chain, committed to delivering the highest educational standards alongside an unrivalled package of sporting and cultural enrichment, including events such as the DRET Spring, Summer and Winter Cups, Music Cup, volunteering trips abroad, and regular trips/visits throughout the year.
We are incredibly lucky to be able to work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the David Ross Foundation's vision to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.
While each academy is unique, we share common goals, aspirations, values and methods that enable us to work collaboratively and collectively to achieve our mission. We operate regional hubs, whereby academies work with other schools who are part of the Trust so we can share skills and knowledge, allowing them to benefit and learn from each other. We offer high quality programmes for CPD and Leadership Development to support our practitioners to deliver high quality teaching and learning across our academies.
Please submit your CV and covering letter via our website.
Kings Heath Primary Academy is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.