ABC Teachers are working in close partnership with a popular primary school in Northfield, Birmingham to recruit a full-time teaching assistant to work within the Year 1 class.
The position will be full time and will be starting as soon as the right candidate is found; this will run on a temporary basis until the end of the academic year.
The school itself is a well-regarded primary which offers all pupils a supportive and inclusive environment to learn and grow. The school benefits from a hard-working and passionate team who are looking to recruit someone to promote similar values.
The successful candidate must:
• Be NVQ Level 3 qualified in a relevant subject
• Have a positive and caring nature to engage with all pupils
• Work well as part of a team and able to liaise with parents/carers/staff where required
• Be willing to ‘go the extra mile’
• Have a hard-working and proactive attitude
• Demonstrate good working knowledge of the national curriculum
• Be reliable, organised and punctual
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff must hold an enhanced DBS disclosure which must also be registered to the Update Service (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you), need to provide professional or academic references and attend a face to face interview. A prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
About ABC Teachers:
ABC Teachers are a leading teaching agency offering a fresh approach to education recruitment. We work with teachers, teaching assistants and cover supervisors in both supply and permanent positions.
We are proud to work in partnership with Tes in finding the highest calibre staff for their school.
ABC Teachers are REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency. Candidates’ pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy meaning that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school (subject to qualifying criteria).
Please be aware that telephone calls to and/or from ABC Teachers may be recorded for training, safeguarding and compliance purposes.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification and recent, referenceable school-based experience (within the last 5 years).
Working with ABC Teachers:
As a valued employee of ABC Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria)
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period)
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £370
• Uncapped referral bonus scheme (subject to T&C)
We have similar positions to offer on a daily basis. Keep up to date with us on our website, Twitter and Facebook pages for details of all our current jobs and upcoming registration days!
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, then please contact Charlie Tims on 0121 274 0345 or submit your details.