26.15 hours per week, 38 weeks per year
£11421 - £12089 (actual salary)
Hall Road Academy is a very special learning environment serving the communities of North Hull. Our pupils are engaging, take a pride in their work and are ready to learn – all we need is you!
We wish to appoint a Teaching Assistant to work with a child who is autistic, to join this friendly hardworking school.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and inspirational person. Our staff are totally committed to the school community and determined to achieve the very best for our children.
This is a fixed term post in the first instance until August 2018.
The successful candidate will:
- Supervise and provides particular support for pupils, including those with special needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities.
- Assists with the development and implementation of Individual Education/Behaviour Plans and Personal Care programmes.
- Establishes constructive relationships with pupils and interacts with them according to individual needs.
- Promotes the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils.
- Encourages pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher.
- Sets challenging and demanding expectations and promotes self-esteem and independence.
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher.
- Must be flexible with working hours
We can offer:
- A school with committed and welcoming staff that will support you throughout your career with us.
- Happy engaged children who will make you feel very welcome and will inspire you every day.
- A commitment to share and develop your expertise across Academies Enterprise Trust network of schools in Hull and East Riding.
We actively welcome visits to come and meet our team and children. To arrange a visit with the Headteacher Ms Caroline Holliday please contact the office on 01482 441151
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme, childcare vouchers and Westfield rewards.
This position is required to start as soon as possible. Interviews are scheduled to be held as soon as possible after the closing date.
Closing date: Tuesday 26 September 2017
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
To apply for this post please click apply on the TES advert.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/a/aetinet.org/aetwebsite/our-teaching-school/initial-teacher-training for further details.