The Oratory Preparatory School (OPS) is an independent day and boarding school providing an enriched education to boys and girls aged 2 to 13. Benefitting from being part of the wider Bellevue Education group, we are committed to delivering exceptional teaching; combining the best of tradition with the latest innovations. Set within 65 acres of Oxfordshire countryside with outstanding facilities, we nurture happy, balanced, confident and inquisitive children.
The Teaching Assistants will be responsible for the day to day support of the pupils and teachers in the Junior year groups ranging from Reception all the way through to Year 4. This could be working with the whole class, small groups or individuals in the classrooms. The OPS aims to provide the best possible education for its pupils, and staff are expected to maintain a very high standard of teaching support with every support from the Headmaster and the Senior Leadership Team.
The full time teaching assistant role will be term time only over 39 weeks with hours as follows, Mon - Fri 8am-5pm = 42.5 hours per week.
There must be a willingness to contribute fully to the life of the school and to participate in such duties as are customary for staff at the OPS. Some of these will include cover for Breakfast club or After School Clubs.
- To work with class teachers to provide individual support for children with moderate learning support needs.
- To work with our SENCO and other learning support staff to help implement Individual Needs Programmes in the classroom.
- To work with staff to implement strategies on how they can most effectively differentiate learning tasks within the classroom.
- To use strategies appropriate to the needs of the pupils and provide modified resources as required.
- To provide feedback information and write supporting notes to the Class Teacher / SENCO on any observed difficulties in understanding or skills.
- To attend and participate in relevant meetings as required with teachers and/or parents
- Participating and assisting in day trips outside of school.
- To hear children read.
- To support EAL children.
- Prepare and present displays of students’ work.
- Support class teachers in photocopying and other tasks in order to support teaching such as: monitoring the cloakroom area, preparing books and worksheets, laminating etc.
- To be flexible with the working practices of the Junior Prep. Be prepared to help when other areas of the department are short staffed or with domestic duties or other duties as specified by the Head of Junior Prep.
- To ensure that children are safe in the school environment.
- Attend INSET and Full staff meetings when required.
- Undertake any other professional duties that may be reasonably assigned by the Head of Junior Prep eg. School trips, end of term plays, accompanying children up to the swimming pool and helping them to change.
- Be proactive in matters relating to health and safety.
The Oratory Preparatory School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 13 years