(Maternity Cover 9 months in the first instance)
30 hours per week Term Time
Required as soon as possible The Halifax Academy requires an experienced caring and nurturing Teaching Assistant to join our Primary Phase. The successful candidate will have knowledge of the KS1/KS2 along with experience of supporting children in their learning, in particular in communication, English, phonics and Maths.
The Halifax Academy is a high performing 4-16 all-through Academy in Calderdale, West Yorkshire. It was inspected by Ofsted in September 2017 being judged as Good in all areas. Outcomes are outstanding at KS4 and places the Academy in the top 15% of all schools nationally. Early Years Provision is good.
The Academy is the founding school in Impact Education MAT and is led by Matt Perry the Headteacher.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Work as part of a team but use their own initiative
- Motivate and inspire our pupils
- Use creativity and passion in their work
- Form effective relationships with parents, carers and outside agencies
- Be a positive role model for our children
The successful candidate will be involved in:
- improving learning and teaching
- have a proven track record of raising achievement
- tracking pupils individual performance and implementing intervention strategies
- supporting pupils with medical needs
In return we can offer:
- working as part of a creative and supportive team, who are determined and driven on our mission to achieve the very best for our pupils.
- joining our ‘coaching culture’ which is a key focus for CPD in the Academy. Every member of our teaching and support staff are involved in our ‘Coaching for Excellence’ programme to focus on improving teaching and learning in all subjects.
- the opportunity to gain cross phase experience.
- access to a teaching school alliance which enables us to work collaboratively and share best practice with other providers and creates professional development opportunities.
- enthusiastic students who are keen to make outstanding progress
- effective supportive and dynamic leadership
- Friday school finishes at 1.15pm
This is an exciting time to join The Academy on its journey to becoming outstanding. We are a team of driven, enthusiastic and friendly staff, who contribute greatly to the success of the Academy and its pupils. The Halifax Academy is a popular and over-subscribed Academy which has outstanding facilities.
The Halifax Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks are required for all relevant posts.
Completed applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to The Halifax Academy no later than 9.00am on Friday 21st February. No late applications or CV’s will be accepted.
Applications close: Friday 21st February 2020