Salary: Salary is dependent on skills and experience
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: Permanent
This post is likely to suit an individual with previous experience in a school environment, as either a Teaching Assistant, a Higher Level Teaching Assistant or Teacher wishing to work as a TA, who is particularly comfortable working in Key Stage 1 and Early Years. Secure knowledge of, and strong skills in, Maths and English are essential.
The Teaching Assistant will be expected:
· to support the activities of all curriculum areas in the classroom.
· to work with individuals and groups to support their learning in Maths and English.
· to provide for the general welfare and pastoral care of children.
· to be self-motivated and to liaise with members of staff throughout the school, working effectively as a member of the team
· to prepare and clear away materials and assist with displays and general classroom organisation
· to attend educational visits supporting the girls’ learning and will have the opportunity to attend residential visits.
· The full-time teaching assistant role is 37.5 hours per week, term time only, plus INSET days (approximately 5 days in total). Occasional attendance at out of hours meetings or mandatory training outside this time may be required.
· The hours of work are routinely Monday to Friday, 08:00- 16:00 with a comfort break in the morning and a half hour break for lunch per day.
· Teaching assistants should attend the weekly Staff Briefing. If unable to attend the briefing, they should familiarise themselves with the minutes of the Staff Briefing.
· Teaching assistants may have the opportunity to supervise after school activities for additional pay.
Interviews will only be arranged following our receipt of a completed application form. Early applications are encouraged and an early appointment may be made.
Closing Date: Friday 4 May
Interviews to be held: May 10, 11 - or earlier by arrangement
If your skills and experience are suitable for the role we will be in touch shortly. If you have not heard from us by the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.