We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Teaching Assistant, to join our inspiring and supportive team from September 2018. The appointment will be Monday to Friday for 32.5 hours a week, term time only (including three INSET days a year). The working hours for this role are 8.20pm to 3.20pm (including a midday meal and play supervision and half an hour unpaid lunchbreak). This is a permanent position. Please see the attached job description for further details of this role.
The annual salary for this role is as per S3 on the Surrey Pay Scale, with a range of £16,334 to £17,866 Full Time Equivalent (FTE). As this is a term-time only role the actual annual salary paid is pro rata the FTE amount, £12,441 - £13,608.
We are also looking for staff to work in Treetops (our After School Club) between 3.20pm and 6pm Monday to Friday. You could work every evening or on certain days of the week. Please let us know if you are interested in this opportunity either on your application form or during the interview itself.
Bell Farm School is a large and growing primary school with a nursery, that received a 'Good' Ofsted rating in 2015. They stated ‘Excellent leadership by the headteacher has enabled the school to make significant progress since its previous inspection. Teaching is effective, pupils achieve well and relationships are good. The school is improving rapidly’.
Bell Farm School is situated just over a mile away from the centre of Walton-on-Thames, a beautiful, vibrant town on the Thames with a recently renovated shopping centre with many excellent restaurants and an independent cinema. The school is only 15 minutes’ walk (0.7 miles) away from the station with fast trains to central London, taking from only 25 minutes. Elmbridge borough, where the school is located, was voted the second best place to live in the UK for quality of life (Halifax Quality of Life Survey, Dec 2014).
We can offer you:
· Individually tailored CPD. Bell Farm cares about its staff and their future career and is, therefore, committed to the development of inspired, confident and passionate staff.
· A supportive and strong Senior Leadership Team that leads the school with clear goals.
What is great about our school:
· Friendly, fun, welcoming and highly motivated staff.
· A team ethos whereby all staff support each other and share resources and good practice.
· We aim to achieve excellence in our pupils and staff.
· Well behaved children with great attitudes to learning.
· Beautiful grounds with an outdoor classroom enabling outdoor learning, including forest schools.
What our staff say about working at Bell Farm:
‘I started working at Bell Farm as a supply teacher, covering a teacher on maternity leave and very soon I realised that I would like to work at the school permanently due to the friendly staff and supportive environment. I was delighted when I was offered a permanent role in September 2015’, nursery class teacher.
As we value our staff, as well as the above, we also offer:
· An Employee Assistance Programme (offering around the clock, free, confidential assistance).
· Free teas and coffees during breaks.
· Free parking.
· MyBenefits: A reward scheme for employees of Surrey County Council, includes Childcare vouchers.
· A weekly Business Manager award, to reward and recognise a member of staff who has given outstanding contribution to the team.
· A termly reward to a member of staff drawn at random from those with 100% attendance.
We would encourage you to come and see our vibrant and exciting school for yourself. Please contact the school office on 01932 224009 to arrange a visit.
Closing date: 8am Thursday 6 September 2018.
Interviews will be held on Friday 14 September 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.