Permanent Contract / Term Time only (38 weeks + 2 INSET days)
Prorata salary: NJC Scale 7-11, £18,270 to £19,274 per annum depending on experience (with the possibility of an increase in pay scale for additional responsibilities)
Starting date: September 2019
This is an exciting opportunity for a flexible, organised and calm Teaching Assistant. We are looking for a person to join our successful Individual Learning Department to help support our students with additional needs to reach their full potential. We welcome applications from candidates who are willing to work as part of a team as well as participating in the wider areas of school life.
• is a school where everyone enjoys learning, feels valued and experiences success;
• believes in a strong, supportive environment that values pastoral, extra-curricular as well as academic progression. This has lead us to being rated as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in 2018 and awarded ‘Comprehensive School of the Year 2016’ by The Sunday Times;
• values and promotes continued CPD. Waldegrave is a teaching school and can offer great support and progression to all staff from NQT’s to middle leaders and onwards to senior leadership;
• has strong links with other local schools, both primary and secondary as well as outside local community associations and clubs;
• is oversubscribed throughout the school and enjoy a thriving, growing sixth form.
Waldegrave School can offer you:
• a supportive community environment in which to develop your career;
• a Staff Association who help to support staff well-being and organise social events;
• a cycle to work scheme as well as an employee benefits and well-being scheme;
• on-site parking;
• close transport links – Fulwell and Strawberry Hill train stations as well as many bus routes;
• after school fitness classes, e.g. zumba and yoga, as well as use of our fitness suite.
Only applications submitted on the school’s application form will be considered.
The safeguarding of our students is at the core of all that we do. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check; a prohibition from teaching check, where applicable; and appropriate references from your current and previous employer, corroborated by personal phone calls made to each referee.