Middleton Cheney Primary Academy is a large, friendly primary school and is proud to be part of the Prime7 Trust. We have 14 classes (age 4-11) and the school currently employs a team of 16 learning support assistants.
We are looking to appoint a 1:1 support assistant to join our team in KS1. This full time, term time only position will be to work with a child in Reception. The contract will be linked with the child until they leave the school.
Salary Scale Grade F point 6-7 £19171 - £19554 FTE (pro rata)
We are looking for outstanding candidates who have:
• Experience of supporting children with communication and interaction difficulties
• A patient and calm nature
• The ability to work as part of a team, building relationships with children, staff and parents
• Knowledge of working with pupils on the SEND register
• A commitment to their own professional development
We can offer:
• Friendly and enthusiastic children who want to learn
• An inclusive, happy school with a clear vision for our continued improvement
• Talented and supportive staff who are committed to working collaboratively
• A school that was rated as Good at its last Ofsted inspection
This job description describes in general terms the normal duties which the post-holder will be expected to undertake. However, the job or duties described may vary or be amended from time to time without changing the level of responsibility associated with the post.
To assist in the learning, behaviour and personal development of a pupil you are assigned to and enable him to make the best use of the educational opportunities available to them. You will supervise and provide in-depth support for a pupil with special education needs. To promote independence, inclusion, acceptance and equality of access to learning opportunities.
In order to do that you will:
• Follow and respond to the child’s Education, Health and Care Plan.
• Provide daily speech, language and communication therapy as set out by the child’s Speech and language Therapist.
• Implement and follow programmes (and use materials) as set out by external agencies and/or the SENCO and keep organised records of work completed.
• Assess, monitor and review any interventions carried out and feed back to external agencies, class teacher and SENDCO.
• Use software and web tools to support the child’s learning.
• Support the child to develop social interaction skills during play and in class time.
• Closely monitor any changes in health and report following the child’s healthcare procedures and instigate rest breaks for the child as and when they need it through the day.
• Support and encourage independence in self-care, including dressing and toileting.
• Use social stories to help understanding of medical situations using pictures leading up to an appointment.
• Support teaching staff and pupils and attend visits, trips and out of school activities as requested.
• Participate in termly and annual reviews.
For an application pack, please email, email@example.com, visit our website on www.mcpa.org.uk or telephone 01295 710218 for further information. Closing date 5pm Friday 19 July with interviews taking place on Tuesday 23 July.
Middleton Cheney Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, candidates will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided.