Hillcrest Shifnal School is an Ofsted ‘Good’ registered independent education campus offering a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum to boy and girls aged 7-19 years who have Social, Emotional and Mental health difficulties. Shifnal School strives to provide learning experiences and opportunities that will enhance the lives of all the students they educate; with the bespoke and balanced teaching allowing our students the ability to grow into confident and creative individuals. We are within commutable distance of Telford, Shrewsbury, Wolverhampton, Walsall, West Bromwich and other surrounding towns and villages.
Job Summary and Duties
As the Teaching Assistant for Shifnal School in the Secondary department, you will have a passion for working with pupils and assisting them on their journey, which may have included all manner of set-backs in and outside of education. The successful candidates will have a varied role, which involves supporting the teacher in all aspects to ensure that pupils receive the most effective support. You will be able to demonstrate a practical, hands on approach to supporting teaching and be prepared to go above and beyond.
The role of Teaching Assistant is offered on a full time, permanent basis, working 40 hours per week (during term time only). We are looking to appoint a flexible, dynamic and dedicated individual with experience, or an interest, in working with pupils with Special Educational Needs at KS3/KS4.
Following a through induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Providing day to day classroom support to the children, and assisting with pupil behaviour
- Committing to raising the aspirations and achievement of all our pupils
- Establishing good relationships and acting as a role model
- Encouraging students to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher in order to improve professional development
- Helping to plan lessons by preparing materials and resources
Key Skills Required
- Qualified to or be will to work towards an NVQ Level 2 for Teaching Assistant (or have an equivalent qualification)
- Maths and English Language GCSE C/4 or above, or equivalent qualification
- Understanding of the current national curriculum for KS3/KS4
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to recognise and manage challenging behaviour
- Ideally hold a full UK driving licence
Please apply online now or call the Recruitment team on 0330 998 0441
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your Interview.