Arden College is an independent specialist day college with residential provision for some students. Students are aged 16-25 and have mild, moderate and severe learning difficulties and autism. Many students also have complex presentations of challenging behaviour and emotional difficulties.
Our aim is to enable students to reach their potential through individualised programmes of support and education. Students gain increased levels of independence to enable them to maximise their strengths, abilities and ambitions for the future.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Teaching Assistant at Arden College.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of working with children or adults with special educational needs, particularly those with autism.
- Continued professional development in this field would be an advantage.
- Work alongside the teaching and therapy teams in the day to day education and support of students in their care.
- Follow guidance and be able to use their own initiative in achieving the high standards we expect for our students.
Our students learn in real life contexts and access the community every day so being a driver would be an advantage.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further or to arrange a visit please contact Siobhan Partington on 01704 534433
What we offer:
- Full training
- On-going training and Career progression
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to on-going training
- Online benefits and cash back rewards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Dental Insurance
- Travel Insurance
- SMART Pension option
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults. Please be advised that references may be requested prior to interview for roles within our schools.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Education and Children's services will cover the cost of a DBS.
- Special needs with independent funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 16 - 25 years
Arden College is situated in the heart of Southport, a vibrant and cultured town on the west coast of Lancashire. The college makes the most of its position and much of the extended and college curriculum is located within the community ...