ABC teachers are working closely with a school in Selly Oak, Birmingham to recruit a full-time teaching assistant. The role will be starting in December 2019 and will continue until Easter 2020, working with groups across KS2.
The school is a large primary which caters for a broad range of pupils and is striving to become an outstanding school. The school is overseen by a passionate Head who has seen the school through many changes and aims to provide all pupils with access to an inspiring and creative curriculum.
The successful candidate must:
- Be NVQ Level 3 qualified (or above) in a relevant subject
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge of the curriculum
- Act as a positive role model to both students and colleagues
- Be able to work on their own initiative and as part of a team
- Be able to engage with and motivate a broad range of pupils
- Have a strong work ethic
- Be organised, reliable and trustworthy
To be considered for this position, you will:
• Hold an NVQ Level 3 qualification (equivalent or above) in a relevant subject
• Have previous experience of working within a mainstream primary school (must be able to provide referencable experience within the last 5 years)
ABC Teachers are an REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency, part of TES. Candidates pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy which means that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff will hold an enhanced DBS disclosure (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you), need to provide professional or academic references and attend a face to face interview. A prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: NVQ Level 3 Qualification (or above) in a relevant subject or a minimum of 3 months referenceable experience within the last 5 years within a UK school. The experience, training or qualifications required in order to receive the maximum salary for this role are dependant on the school and the role you will be employed for.
About ABC Teachers:
ABC Teachers are a leading teaching agency offering a fresh approach to education recruitment. We work with teachers, teaching assistants and cover supervisors in both supply and permanent positions.
We are proud to work in partnership with Tes in finding the highest calibre staff for their school.
Please be aware that telephone calls to and/or from ABC Teachers may be recorded for training, safeguarding and compliance purposes.
Working with ABC Teachers:
As a valued employee of ABC Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
• Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
How to apply
If you are a qualified Teaching Assistant (TA) who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across ABC Teachers, please contact our primary team on 0121 274 0345 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org