Vision for Education are seeking to appoint a full-time Teaching Assistant (SEMH) to join our successful supply teaching support team and to work in a secondary SEND school in Northumberland. This will be a full-time Teaching Assistant role commencing in September 2018 and will have the scope to run for the 2018/19 academic year.
The school are seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant who is comfortable supporting within their Maths and Science curriculum and across the rest of the school when required. The suitable Teaching Assistant will also ideally have experience supporting students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties (SEMH) and be comfortable with the de-escalation of challenging behaviours.
To be considered for the position of Teaching Assistant (SEMH) you must:
- Be comfortable supporting secondary aged students up to GCSE level in Maths and Science
- Have strong classroom management and behaviour de-escalation techniques
- Have a nurturing, understanding and approachable personality
- Be available to work 5 days a week from September onwards
At Vision for Education we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly through PAYE
- Support throughout your placements
- Access to a dedicated SEND Consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Access to free CPD such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling qualifications as well as access to over 20 accredited courses through Educare
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations) to make sure you get paid what you deserve
- £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
If you are a Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a challenging and rewarding environment then we want to hear from you.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All candidates will be required to complete our safeguarding checks and undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Apply today or for more information on this and other teaching opportunities across Vision for Education contact the SEND Education team on 0191 229 1386.