This new position is an extremely rewarding one, working 1:1 with children to encourage and improve their reading and understanding in lessons. You should have experience in a similar role, supporting learning. A qualification in SPLD (Dyslexia), EYFS Educator or Level 3 Diploma in Specialist support in Teaching and Learning would all be very useful.
You could expect to be working Monday to Friday during term time, 8:30-12:30, but there is flexibility within the timetable so please ask. Free lunch is available after your shift.
Working within the Learning Enhancement team, your role will be to:
• Support individual children in lessons, particularly English and Maths.
• Work with children on reading, literacy, numeracy, and speech and language, enabling them to hit targets and make progress.
• Make resources for children using Communicate in Print (technology)
• Help children to use Clicker 7 and Claro reader (technology)
• Be professional and organised, arriving promptly to collect resources and instructions; being at lessons on time, and reporting to the LED team on children’s progress, problems or needs.
• Be gentle, kind, patient, encouraging and empathetic.
• Be an open and natural communicator and a contributing member of the team.
• Use and share your knowledge and experience of SEN and/or Early Years.
The LED, and the teaching staff in general, are very supportive, and the wonderful grounds and superb free dining room combine to make the school a very pleasant place to work. Salary depends on qualifications and experience, but would be in the range of £24-£28,000 pro rata, term-time only.
Please note that applications will be considered as they arrive and CHS reserves the right to make an appointment before the closing date of this advertisement.
Cumnor House Sussex is an equal opportunities employer, committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Applicants are asked to request an application form or to send their Curriculum Vitae with a covering letter to Teresa Mockridge, HR Manager, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We invite you to enjoy our website: http://cumnor.co.uk/