Required for September
Ivydale Primary School has a well-deserved reputation for being creative, friendly and dynamic. The school is committed to build on these excellent qualities to deliver outstanding education for all our children.
We are looking for enthusiastic teaching assistants to join our committed team in September.
Perhaps you are a graduate considering a career in teaching? Becoming a teaching assistant is a great first step towards the School's Direct programme and we have an excellent reputation for 'home grown' teachers.
Alternatively, you may have the skills and experience to support children with additional needs.
We are looking for individuals who will work with teaching staff to support children in the classroom, undertake interventions as needed and to support children with additional needs. Ideal candidates will be passionate about children’s learning.
- Hold a recognised and relevant NVQ level 2 qualification (minimum) or be able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge, experience and skills.
- Minimum of GCSE (or equivalent) English and Maths at grades A – C.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Can solve problems and can exercise initiative and independent action.
- Demonstrate full understanding of safeguarding issues within a school setting.
- Experience of teaching interventions is desirable though not essential.
Ideally, you will already have gained experience of working with primary aged children.
This is a fixed term contract, initially until July 2018 but with the potential to be extended. Working term time only for 30 hours per week. The post is Hay Grade 5, spine point range 16-23 (£21,726- £25,233). Actual pro rata salary is £15,5845- £18,099.
Visits to the school are encouraged on Thursday 14th June at 10am or 2pm. Please email/call the school to confirm your attendance.
Further details and application forms please visit our website www.ivydale.southwark.sch.uk . Completed application should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: noon Thursday 21st June 2018
Candidates selected for interview will be notified by telephone that week.
Interviews: Thursday 28th June 2018
lvydale Primary School and Children’s Centres are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to enhanced DBS checks.