Smart Teachers is recruiting for a specialist Teaching Assistant / Classroom Assistant to join a fun and vibrant inner City London school to support a child with Special Educational Needs. This full time Teaching Assistant/Classroom Assistant position is due to commence from the 28th October 2019 for the full academic year exclusively through Smart Teachers.
About the Role
• Teaching Assistant / Classroom Assistant / Special Educational Needs Assistant
• To support a child of Reception age who is on the Autistic spectrum, with speech and communication difficulties. Some personal care/toileting assistance may be required
• Long term supply contract
• £70-£80 per day
About the School
• Two form entry inner-city London school with a very inclusive school community
• This school is a ‘good’ school
• A very friendly and nurturing school environment, with strong links to the community and other schools within the LEA
• Long-standing staff team here with high levels of retention amongst its staff. Excellent provision for supporting children with Special Educational needs
• Easily accessible from Seven Sisters,South, Tottenham
In order to be considered for this role, the Teaching Assistant / Classroom Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
• Proven experience of supporting children with Autism, preferably within early years
• Both experienced staff as well as graduates are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication skills, along with a strong work ethic and degree of flexibility
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number DDS11876.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.