Headteacher: Mr J Cregg
Telephone: 0161 432 7727 Fax: 0161 442 7605
Number of Students on Roll: 1291 (Aged 11-16)
· Teaching Assistant - 30 hours per week - permanent post – term time APT&C Scale 2. (£10,658 - £11,128 actual salary)
Priestnall School is a popular, over-subscribed 11-16 school situated in the pleasant residential area of Heaton Mersey, Stockport. Our community benefits from wonderful students and a hard-working and committed staff.
We are currently seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to join our Outstanding School. The position offers a unique opportunity to join a highly successful and inclusive school as part of a well-regarded team of staff supporting and including students with complex and varied needs in all aspects of school life. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to make a major contribution towards our continued high achievement. Our team of Teaching Assistants play a key role in the successful management and support of the behaviour, welfare and academic progress of our students, and the main duties of this post are outlined in the attached job description.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and hard-working colleague who has:
- a dynamic and flexible approach with excellent interpersonal skills;
- the learner at the centre of their vision;
- the ability to communicate effectively with all our stakeholders;
- the ability to inspire, challenge, motivate and empower young people to achieve excellence;
- an absolute commitment to achieving the very highest of standards.
The application form and supporting documentation are available in the ‘Vacancies’ section of the school website as well as other recruitment platforms. Completed application forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, marked for the attention of Mrs Grace Stephens, HR Co-ordinator..
This email address should also be used to submit any queries regarding the role.
Closing date: 12 noon on Wednesday 27th September 2017
Interviews are scheduled for Tuesday 10th October 2017
The school is committed to the safeguarding of young people and candidates will be expected to adhere to these expectations. Please see our safeguarding statement (included in the application pack) and the Safeguarding Policy on our website for further details