We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Teaching Assistant to join the committed, professional team in our busy Lower School.
The position is required from September 2019.
The closing date for the applications is Friday 24 May 2019, applications will be considered on receipt, therefore, early submissions are encouraged.
Please see below the job description and application form which should be completed and emailed to Mrs Angie Lack firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description for Teaching Assistant
To support the form teacher in the delivery of the curriculum and pastoral care of the children.
1. Directly responsible to the form teacher, Head of Year, Head of Section and Headmaster.
2. Directly responsible for ensuring resource provision as directed by the form teacher.
3. Other supervisory responsibilities – the supervision of small groups or individual children under the direction of the form teacher; playground and lunchroom supervision as requested.
4. Pastoral care of the children.
This job description serves to indicate a range of duties and level of responsibility involved. It is not necessarily exhaustive.
Under the direction of the form teacher:
1. Hear children read on a daily basis, to keep accurate records and to liaise frequently with form teacher with regard to each child’s progress.
2. To participate in the planning of programmes of study for groups of pupils.
3. To assist in the preparation and adaptation of teaching materials which facilitate pupils’ access to the curriculum; to ensure the general tidiness and stimulating appearance of the classroom.
4. To assist with procedures for the monitoring, assessment and recording of the pupils’ progress.
5. To contribute, where appropriate, to any multi-disciplinary discussion of pupils’ needs/progress.
6. To participate in relevant staff development activities. (INSET)
7. To move from class to class if required to do so by the Head of Section or Headmaster.
8. To respond to children’s needs for support where appropriate, both academically and pastorally.
9. To support the Headmaster, the Head of Section and other staff in the maintenance of discipline and a caring ethos throughout the school.
10. To supervise Prep/Activities until 4.30pm.
1. To treat as confidential all matters relating to the personal progress or circumstances of individual children, members of staff and parents.
2. To attend all departmental meetings such as sports days, parents’ sessions etc including the evenings and weekends and any major school functions requested by the Head of Section or Headmaster.
3. To support and promote the name of Danes Hill in a loyal and confidential manner.
4. To be aware of and accept all conditions in the Staff Handbook.
Danes Hill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).