Set in 26 acres of beautiful parkland in Cobham, Notre Dame School nestles in a picturesque 18th century mansion beside the River Mole. Notre Dame is a Catholic School and is a Foundation of the Company of Mary Our Lady with an ethos shaped by the life and work of St Jeanne de Lestonnac. Despite the tranquil setting Notre Dame School is a hive of activity, with over 600 children and teachers working hard in the important business of education. The school has an enviable reputation for the highest academic standards and a progressive, holistic, academic education that is underpinned by over 400 years of international educational tradition in 30 countries.
Established in England in 1937, the school has always had the philosophy that the greatest success comes from knowing how to learn and how to ask the right questions; training pupils to take an active role in reaching and exceeding early expectations. From the vibrant Nursery to the exciting Sixth Form, tomorrow's professionals acquire the skills, knowledge and qualifications that give them the best possible start in life.
Function of the Post
- Keeping up to date with all policy documents and adhering to them.
- To work with and support groups of children or an individual child under teacher’s direction in all areas of the curriculum, relating back to teacher at the end of the activity.
- To encourage children to persevere and be resilient.
- To encourage children to take ownership of their own activities by allowing them to make their own decisions and use their own creativity.
- To praise children during activities for good behaviour and to maintain the school rules and codes of behaviour during work and school periods.
- To discuss any concerns regarding a child with the class teacher
- To participate in/on class trips taken during the class curriculum time.
- To participate in parent/teacher consultations as required and in at least one formal feedback.
- To work with classes across the school to support as required or to cover PPA time
- To undertake any reasonable task asked of them by the Senior Leadership Team or the class teacher.
The School has high expectations of its staff, and therefore looks to reward them with a competitive salary scale and beneficial conditions of service
There is an extensive induction programme for all new colleagues and ongoing professional development is encouraged
There is ample opportunity to take on additional responsibility
- The School enjoys a fantastic situation: central London is 30 minutes away, the M25 and A3 are 5 minutes away. Heathrow is less than half an hour.
- Fee concessions are available for the pupils of any member of staff who meet the school’s entry requirements
- Longer holidays than the state maintained sector
- Free on-site parking
- School Nurse on site during term time
Free use of the school’s leisure and sporting facilities, including a heated indoor pool during certain times.
Free lunch and refreshments are available throughout the working day
Closing Date: 9am on Monday 20th May 2019
Interviews: 23rd and 24th May 2019