Ambitious College is London's first independent and ‘award winning' specialist day College dedicated to supporting young people with Autism ages 16-25 years old. We ensure that our young people are at the heart of all that we do.
Are you a keen problem solver? Enjoy working with autistic young people?
We are looking for a patient, resilient learning support assistant to join our welcoming team after February half term 2023. You will be working on a 1:1 basis with a key learner, who you will be supporting throughout the school day using a person centred approach.
This role involves:
- Following PBS (Positive Behaviour Support) approach in our settings
- Supporting learners academically with their curriculum and to achieve their educational targets
- Working closely with our therapy teams including our Speech and Language Therapists, PBS coaches and Occupational therapists
- Providing support with community based learning, employment opportunities and leisure activities
- Teaching our learners key life skills including personal safety, money management, road safety and environmental awareness.
What Ambitious About Autism offer:
- A competitive salary of up to £24,198 and reviewed annually.
- Start of the art facilities including learner kitchens, sensory rooms and equipment, a personalised gym area and IPAD's for all learners.
- State of the art training including person centred approaches, positive behaviour support, medication training and understanding sensory needs.
- Clear progression routes in the organisation into our HLTA or LSC roles, our teaching team, transdisciplinary team or pathways into adulthood.
- Continuous professional development including access to coaching and mentoring as well as e-learning and online training courses.
Start date: After February half term 2023; (taking into consideration notice periods and recruitment checks)
Working pattern: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week (term time only). This is a permanent, full time role where you will be paid across 52 weeks.
*If successfully offered this position, the title for this role is a Learning and Behaviour Specialist*
Ambitious about Autism is fully committed to equality of opportunity and diversity and we warmly welcome applications from all suitably-qualified candidates. We welcome applications regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, disability, or age. All applications will be considered solely on merit.
Ambitious about Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
The Safeguarding responsibilities of the post as per the job description and personal specification.
Whether the post is exempt from the rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendment to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2021. This means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected', so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS Filter Guidance.