Linden Lodge School is a day and weekly residential special school for visually impaired children and young adults (2 - 19 yrs) many of whom are multi disabled with complex needs. At our recent Ofsted (February 2017), our school was judged to be a good school with an outstanding Early Years provision.
We are looking for a well-motivated and caring Teaching Assistant to support the personalised learning programmes for visually impaired pupils in our Minerva Centre. The pupils within the Minerva Centre access the national curriculum and undertake nationally recognised qualifications such as GCSE’s.
This role would particularly suit a recent graduate aspiring to enter the teaching profession or a Teaching Assistant with experience in enabling visually impaired students access the national curriculum.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is committed to ensuring every child reaches their full potential
- Are resilient and able to demonstrate a positive caring attitude
- Is highly organised and able to work effectively within a highly structured school day.
- Are committed to working in partnership with families and other professionals to achieve the best outcomes for pupils
- Embrace change and innovation positively
We can offer you:
- Excellent support based on Collaboration, Coaching and Mentoring and Line Management
- Excellent CPD
- Outstanding facilities and resources
- Experience in multi-disciplinary professional practice
- The scope for you to bring your own creativity and talents within a structured framework of assessment, planning and processes
Knowledge of Braille and previous experience in a similar role would be an advantage
When we shortlist we will ask for proof of qualifications at interview. References will be requested during our shortlisting and therefore we ask applicants to let their referees know in advance and ensure the correct contact details are on the form.
School Tour: We encourage applicants to visit us. Please contact the Headteacher’s PA, Louise Greenwood to arrange a suitable date and time.
For further information and to apply please download an application and details from the Wandsworth Council website https://jobs.richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk/.
Completed application should be returned to the school by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 21st March
Interviews: Week Commencing 25th March
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
CVs are not accepted.
Please note: Linden Lodge reserves the right to withdraw this advert if a suitable number of candidates who meet the selection criteria have been appointed to the available positions.