Hours of work: 8:00am – 4:30pm Salary: Range 2 point 11
We offer excellent benefits and a central Westminster location. We are a 3-minute walk from the tube station.
We are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to join our team and ensure children have a positive, safe and happy experience during the school day and also during lunchtime. The ideal candidate will see this as a training post for a potential career within the field of education. Often, our Teaching Assistants go on to train to be teachers through our outstanding SCITT.
Teaching Assistants communicate closely with the teachers and other support staff so that they gain experience in co-planning and co-delivering parts of lessons, and they are there to support the whole class, not just one individual. Teaching Assistants are expected to have a general knowledge of the curriculum across EYFS –KS2, as well as to know the particular Special Educational Needs of students in their classes. Duties will also include supporting the children while they eat their lunch, encouraging positive behaviour and supervising children during playtime.
Pimlico Primary is known and respected for its calm and efficient school operations. Future Academies schools ensure the highest standards and expectations of calm and orderly behaviour around the school, and the efficiency of its administrative operations across the whole school. Our Teaching Assistants play an essential and important role, and assist the pupils and parents and staff at the school.
Do you have?
• Experience of working with young children, preferably within a school
• Ability to work well as part of a team and communicate effectively with all members of the school community
• Caring and enthusiastic attitude.
We can offer you:
• Regular access to in-school training opportunities, to develop your understanding of a wide range of Special Educational Needs as well as to further your wider professional development
• A positive, friendly and welcoming environment
• Access to our Teacher Training School – we see this role as an excellent stepping stone for a career in teaching. Our teaching assistants often progress to train to be teachers with us.
How to apply: Please download the information or visit our website on http://www.pimlicoprimary.org/ and send your completed application form to PPrecruitment@pimlicoacademy.org
Closing Date: June 14th 2018 (Candidates may be interviewed and appointed before this date)
Pimlico Primary, Lupus Street, London, SW1V 3AT
Future Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this post.