The children, staff and Governors of Woodlands Primary School are looking to appoint a creative, imaginative and enthusiastic practitioner who will have the flexibility to work as a class teaching assistant and/or 1 to 1 as required
The post will involve providing social, emotional, educational and welfare support to our children.
The successful applicant will have:
• good Literacy and Numeracy skills
• the ability to work alongside the Class Teacher and a small team of
• high expectations and the ability to motivate pupils
• a calm personality, patience and good sense of humour
• level 3 qualification
• good knowledge, understanding and experience of the curriculum and
• be motivated and work well as part of a team
• a caring and calm attitude
• good communication skills
• be able to demonstrate the ability to work under own initiative and
respond to the needs of the pupils
• be flexible
In return we can offer the successful candidate:
• the chance to work in our expanding and successful nursery with a strong team of staff in a ‘Good’ school where ‘Pupils’ learning and welfare are clearly ‘at the heart’ of everything the school does’ Ofsted July 2018.
• a school that welcomes ideas for development and innovation
• happy and hardworking children
• a vibrant school curriculum
• a school with a caring and supportive ethos where everyone is valued
• a dedicated and enthusiastic staff team
• a commitment to your personal professional development
Hours of work: 5 afternoons per week - 13.00 – 15.20
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date (and time): Midday Weds 22nd May 2019
Application Forms below.
Please enclose a covering letter with any application.
Interview date: TBC
Commencement date: ASAP
Visits to the school are welcomed. Please make an appointment by contacting our School Admin Officer, Jacky Williams, to arrange a mutually convenient time. Please contact the school office on 01722 335849 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. Additional information about our school can be found on our website www.woodlands.wilts.sch.uk.
Woodlands Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check before is confirmed.