Permanent – Term time only
This role is varied, and we are looking for an adaptable, flexible, and resourceful individual able to cope in a high-pressure environment and deal with constantly changing priorities.
- Supporting SEND Students in and out of the classroom as appropriate.
- Preparing learning activities for individuals/groups and for classes.
- Monitoring individual and/or directed pupils.
- Assessing, recording, and reporting on individual student's achievement, progress, and development.
- Monitoring and intervening in student's behaviour.
- Maintaining a safe and positive environment for all learners.
- Creating opportunities for all learners to reach their potential, irrespective of ability.
Why choose us?
The Wellington Academy opened in 2009 to serve Tidworth, Ludgershall and the surrounding area: an area with a significant military presence. Consequently, we are proud to educate a large number of children from service families and with the growing super-garrison based on Salisbury Plain we expect our numbers to continue to rise.
The Wellington Academy joined the Royal Wootton Bassett Academy Trust on 1st April 2020 and are following their approach to teaching. By joining the Trust, it brings a whole wealth of exciting CPD opportunities.
What we offer?
- A School that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
- Collaborative working within the Trust.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow, and development through mentorship coaching.
- A successful NQT support program.
- Onsite Parking.
The right candidate will have:
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in working relationships with young pupils and in forming effective professional relationships with a wide range of contacts.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Good sense of humour.
Please note the closing date for this vacancy is 17 December 2021. Please note that CVs are not accepted, download the Trust Application form.
The Wellington Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Please note: Any position that involves working with children requires declaration of ALL convictions/cautions regardless of whether these are deemed as spent and a DBS check will be carried out before any employment commences. References will be obtained before interview at shortlisting stage and may be used in the interview process. If previous employment has included working with children, then at least one referee must be from this employment regardless of whether this is the current or most recent employment Any gaps in employment must be detailed and an explanation provided in the relevant section.
The Wellington Academy is celebrating its eleventh birthday. Throughout these years we have remained true to our core values, providing an inclusive and happy education for all students. This year the Academy was oversubscribed in Year 7 and we are d...