St Mary Magdalene C of E School is the only all through school in the Royal Borough of Greenwich. We are looking to appoint outstanding candidates to join our primary phase team in Woolwich.
This is a superb opportunity for committed and enthusiastic Teaching Assistants to support in the classroom.
Those applying for the position should have previous experience of working with primary-aged children and pref. This experience may have been gained within a mainstream education, in a specialist provision or maybe outside of education. We offer successful applicants the opportunity to work as part of a friendly and multi-disciplinary team.
We welcome applications from candidates who:
- Have NVQ Level 2 qualification (essential)
- Have experience of working with children who have SEND (desirable)
- Have knowledge of Autism (desirable)
- Are able to prepare and teach effective interventions taking into account the individual needs of learner
- Have a professional manner
- Are enthusiastic and have a friendly approach
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills
Alongside this role, there will be an opportunity to be part of the midday meal supervisory team if desired.
We can offer:
- a supportive leadership team and vibrant professional community
- a positive school culture which believes in distributed/ collaborative leadership
- a commitment to continuing professional development
- energetic and enthusiastic high attaining pupils
- a supportive, Christian ethos across our school communities
Applications will be considered on receipt and shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange a mutually convenient date for observation & interview.
As this role will involve contact with children we will take up at least two references before interview asking about your suitability to work with children. Any job offer will be conditional on you having a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Criminal Records Check and Barred List Check, having the legal right to work in the UK and having satisfactory overseas criminal records checks if deemed necessary.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to attend interview. For further information, please contact Emma Clark by email email@example.com.
About the school: St. Mary Magdalene is a popular and successful outstanding all through school with three school sites; our primary sites are in Woolwich and on the Greenwich Peninsula and our secondary site is based temporarily on the Blackheath Standard and will move to a brand new £40m site on the Greenwich Peninsula in November 2018 academic year. St Mary Magdalene leads a federation with another primary school in Greenwich (SE10), Christ Church.