We are looking to appoint teaching assistants to work closely with students, to support and facilitate their learning, progress and wellbeing in a range of learning environments. In particular, you will support children and young people through the delivery of individually tailored educational and therapeutic programmes, as well as assisting students with their daily independent living skills and personal care. The successful candidate will be someone wishing to work in this field or a qualified TA with experience in the classroom, working with children and young people with special educational needs (SEN).
Prospective candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- A patient, caring, compassionate and child-centred approach
- Excellent observation skills and the ability to problem solve and think creatively to enable our children and young people to reimagine their potential
- Emotional intelligence and resilience with the ability to react calmly in challenging situations
Working at Sunfield is rewarding and in return, we offer competitive salaries with progression in pay once qualified. In addition, staff receive:
- A comprehensive induction, an excellent personal development plan and extensive training to include Autism, Attachment, Emotional Resilience, Holistic Support, Practical Skills Therapeutic Education (PSTE), MAPA (physical intervention) training
- Welcome Bonus a one-off payment of £1,500.00 on successful completion of a six-month probationary period.
- Free car parking facilities on site, beautiful location and free lunches
- Free employee assistance programme with BHSF (health insurance)