ID Academy is a micro resource providing high quality personalised education for children and young people placed in our residential homes who are unable to attend mainstream education.
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional leader for the post of Teaching Head from April 2018. We have recently achieved independent school status to provide 10 placements catering for students aged 11 to 16 with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH). There are currently 2 students on roll with an expectation of 8-10 by September 2018.
The current Headteacher has decided to step down to spend more time with her family from April 2018, having dedicated eight years of service to the organisation.
The provision is established and well-resourced in a high quality environment. The next challenge for the successful candidate would be to work with us to develop the school into an outstanding alternative education provision that achieves the best possible outcomes for pupils.
We are seeking a dynamic, creative and experienced leader who has demonstrated the ability to support the positive climate of the school while continuing to create a healthy culture for pupils to learn and achieve.
You will have empathy and aspiration for vulnerable young students and a commitment to raising their standards of attainment and achievements. Successful evidence of this is a prerequisite for this post.
We can offer:
- A strong, dedicated team who work exceptionally well together
- A commitment to continuous professional development
- Strong multi-agency working
- Close working with the LA to develop strategies to improve services for future students
We are looking for a Head Teacher who has:
- Good working knowledge of DfE Regulations for Independent Schools
- Leadership experience in an Independent School setting for young people with SEMH
- The drive, vision, ambition and energy to achieve excellence for all our pupils.
- A passion to provide the best possible learning and teaching, across a creative curriculum.
- Proven leadership qualities and the ability to challenge inspire and motivate colleagues through change.
- A proven record as an imaginative, innovative, resourceful and decisive leader.
- An understanding of the current educational climate and a willingness to continuously explore all future options for the school.
- Knowledge of how to meet the educational, social and emotional needs of pupils with complex SEMH
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact Gillian Beattie or Melanie Harrison on 0191 2303090 to arrange an appointment.
Closing date: 26th March 2018
For further details and to apply please click Apply Now.
Please email your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com
ID Academy is committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this post.