£24,717 - £27,024
Permanent, Full Time
36 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
January 2022 start
Inspire their remarkable with us
Are you looking for a challenge? Our intention is to transform the lives of children from disadvantaged backgrounds!
Newlands Academy is a challenging but extremely rewarding, newly purpose-built special academy for students aged 11-16 who have social, emotional and mental health needs and is part of Academies Enterprise Trust’s network of 58 primary, special and secondary academies. The Academy is based in Southwark, London and currently has ~70 students on roll.
We are looking for a Teaching Partner to provide an efficient and high quality support service to all students.
Our staff have benefited from our collaborative work with our other AET cluster of schools and we will challenge and support you with your career goals while you are part of the ‘Newlands Academy family’.
- Have experience of working with young people ideally with SEN.
- Be robust, resilient and take pride in helping students who can sometimes find school life challenging.
- Be flexible, positive and have a ‘can do’ attitude.
We can offer you:
- A positive, community driven school where high staff morale and low staff turnover have contributed to the rapid improvements in attainment and progress.
- Happy, enthusiastic and well behaved children
- A leadership team who welcome fresh ideas, and see the retention of staff as a high priority.
- Well supported teachers who are committed to driving high standards
Our school ethos can be summed up by our five key principles.
- We are a caring and accepting community where everyone’s voice is valued
- We see potential in all our students and offer them a fresh start
- The students’ learning and emotional needs are at the centre of every decision we make
- We give students time and space to gain an understanding of their own identity; we strive to nurture, educate and empower them through to adulthood
- We work in the academy with humour, justice, compassion and forgiveness. We understand that all members of the community can make mistakes and that we learn from each other
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of over 57 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Closing date : 19th December 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.
**Please scroll to the bottom of this page to view our live vacancies**
Newlands Academy is a special school for students who have social, emotional and mental health needs. We are very proud of our current ‘Good’ Ofsted grade and are on a journey to...