The Teaching School Lead is a new position and an exciting opportunity to be involved at the start of the formation of a Teaching School Alliance. The Gryphon School, as part of the Sherborne Area Schools’ Trust, is very proud to have recently been designated a National Teaching School and a National Support School. We will lead a new North Dorset Teaching School Alliance (NDTSA) serving and supporting schools across the area including Blandford, Gillingham, Shaftesbury and Sturminster Newton. It is for all schools both primary and secondary, academies and maintained, community and Church of England, state and independent, small and large, village and town.
The NDTSA’s work will include recruiting new teachers, providing local CPD and leadership training, identifying SLEs (Specialist Leaders of Education) and LLEs (Local Leaders of Education) as well as supporting schools in their improvement.
We are seeking someone with vision, high quality leadership experience, a proven track record of managing projects, able to enthuse and engage others and a passion for education and learning. The successful applicant will work with senior leaders and staff across the schools, universities, training providers and with the NCTL.
1. To lead and manage the Teaching School and the NDTSA to make a difference to the quality of education across North Dorset by building on the partnerships, pyramids and collaborations that already exist
2. To shape, develop and sustain the NDTSA by working closely with all schools, school leaders universities, training providers and educators
3. To coordinate the primary and secondary initial teacher training (ITT) School Direct provision
4. To develop and coordinate a programme of continued professional and leadership development (CPLD) for all members of the teaching alliance, ensuring strong engagement by all partners
5. To support leadership and governance development as well as talent management across the alliance
6. To support the brokering and coordination of school to school support (StSS) and school improvement programmes
7. To ensure the NDTSA meets the national key performance indicators across all 3 delivery areas (ITT, CPLD and StSS)
8. To encourage, support and coordinate research activity across the NDTSA
9. To secure collaboration and partnerships; to be the link with the National College for Teaching and Leadership
10. To actively promote and market all the NDTSA opportunities and benefits
11. To ensure a sustainable business model for the operation and organisation of the NDTSA including budget planning, grant bid applications, administration and commercial opportunities
The Application Process:
Completed applications should be returned either by post, marked ‘Confidential’ to Caroline Rabbetts, The Gryphon School, Bristol Road, Sherborne, Dorset DT9 4EQ or by email to her at: email@example.com
You are asked to provide the following:
• A completed SAST application form
• A letter of application of no more than 2 sides of A4 detailing your experience and expertise
Please do get in touch with Steve Hillier, the Chair of the Teaching School, if you would like to discuss this opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
The Sherborne area Schools’ Trust (SAST) has an absolute commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The Trust and School follows the national and Dorset policies and procedures for child protection and security and the interview will include questions about safeguarding children. Current and/or previous employers will be contacted through references as part of the verification process pre-appointment checks if the applicant is short listed. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
SAST is committed to equal opportunities and positively encourages applications from all sections of the community.