37 hours per week for 42 weeks per year (paid for 47.5 weeks to include holiday entitlement)
£21,213 - £22,508 pro rata
Sparsholt College comprises 2 campuses – our land-based College site near Winchester and our Tertiary site in Andover. This post relates to our Andover campus - which largely serves our local Andover community; with some students coming to us from Wiltshire (mainly Salisbury) as well as nearby Test Valley locations.
The Andover campus has a strong community identity and is renowned for the care and support it offers our students. The ALS team at Andover comprises of an experienced, dedicated and committed team of staff – and this includes a healthy mix of new arrivals and longer standing personnel. The team works across the entire curriculum offer (from foundation to Level 3 ie. A Levels, BTEC) and has strong and effective working relationships with all academic departments.
The successful candidate will be joining a well-established team at a time of genuine challenge within the FE sector and will be someone who thrives on variety, responsibility and making a difference to the lives of young people. The successful candidate will be responsible for the first line management of a team of Learning Support Assistants as well as having some timetabled duties of an LSA assisting individual learners to realise their learning goals and full potential.
Closing Date: 25 September 2017
• Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death benefit grant of 3 X salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on- site parking
• Car Care Scheme
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Holiday entitlement of 42 days plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part-time staff)
• Child Care Vouchers
• Access to an Employee Assistance Scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per year)
• Free gym classes
• You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey
• Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
• Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications.
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider