Al Khor International School is one of the largest international schools in the Middle East with more than 4,000 students. We are owned by Qatargas, the world’s largest producer of liquefied natural gas. The school has exceptional facilities and is located in Al Khor Community, 40 minutes north of Qatar’s capital city Doha.
Reporting to the Head of Finance and Procurement, the successful candidate will be responsible for performing financial planning, budgeting, analysis and projection for AKIS. Key responsibilities include:
- assist in the preparation of budgets and financial forecasts
- produce monthly analysis and reports for AKIS, and Budget holders
- ensure maintenance of the highest standards of professional conduct, ethics and integrity in provision of the services in finance department
- check accuracy of accounting entries to payroll, and ensure salaries, benefits and expense claims are generated on time, through effective coordination with HR.
What we are looking for
Analytic, with keen attention to detail, the post holder should have extensive experience in producing a variety of financial reports and use those reports to inform decision making.
The successful candidate will posses:
- a minimum of 5 years of experience in conducting and managing financial operations of an institution, preferably a school of similar scale as AKIS
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or any relevant field
- outstanding numerical and analytical skills
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This is a great opportunity to join an international school that is building on its already successful results and reputation, and is committed to becoming an outstanding school and centre of excellence in the region.
Our excellent compensation package includes:
- Tax-free salary
- Free accommodation or allowance
- Baggage allowance
- Furniture allowance
- Airfare allowance
- Free club, swimming pool and gymnasium access
- Free education for up to four children
- End of service gratuity
Al Khor International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Appointments are made subject to appropriate vetting procedures, including references and police checks.
Recruitment Requirements: As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to submit fully notarized and attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts, marriage and dependent birth certificates as well as criminal background checks.
To apply, please send a completed application form, cover letter and CV.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 17 February 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.