Team Leader – Student Support
Grade 5 £22,183 - £27,741 FTE (Actual £19,164 - £23,966)
37 hours per week, term time only plus one week
Based at Whitley Academy, Abbey Road, Coventry CV3 4BD
Finham Park Multi Academy Trust is a growing organisation, which is currently made up of 7 schools across Coventry and Warwickshire of which Whitley Academy is the most recently affiliated. The Primary and Secondary schools in Finham Park MAT will set out to pioneer, innovate and deliver a “World Class” education for all.
At Whitley Academy we aim to build meaningful relationships based on trust and mutual respect. We are committed to supporting all staff and students to “be the best you can be”.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Whitley Academy for a motivated and flexible candidate to join the pastoral support team as a Team Leader. These members of staff are a key part of our provision to support young people in school. The role will provide an opportunity to work closely with a range of students and abilities from 1:1 and small group work to classroom management and work with families and external agencies. As Team Leader you will have responsibility for a team in one of the identified settings.
The successful candidate must be:
- Committed to making a positive difference to the lives of students and staff.
- Resilient with a strong personal drive.
- Passionate about securing the most productive learning opportunities for those in school, through effective data management.
- Values driven, to “be the best you can be”.
We will offer you:
- A positive and innovative learning culture, where wellbeing and workload are effectively managed.
- A dedicated, highly skilled and committed staff, upholding high expectations and aspirations for all of our students.
- A strong sense of community and a warm, welcoming workplace.
- Frequent opportunities to collaborate with teachers and support staff from the other schools in the MAT to develop and share best practice.
- A vibrant, modern building and facilities in a beautiful location within easy reach of the M40/M6 corridor.
We welcome applications from a wide range of backgrounds, from people with a variety of skills and as such, the post would equally suit someone with experience of working with young people or a graduate, without previous experience, looking for a role in education and potentially a route into teaching.
If you are dynamic, enjoy a challenge, a committed team player and possess excellent communication skills, this vital role in our school could be the ideal opportunity for you. We look forward to receiving your application.
Closing date: Monday 13 December @ 9:00am Interview date: TBA
Completed application forms should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
HR Department, Finham Park Multi Academy Trust, Torrington Avenue, Coventry CV4 9WT
For further information on this role and other opportunities within the MAT, please visit https://careers.fpmat.co.uk
Whitley Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be request to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.