Team Teach trained Teaching Assistant
£63 - £70 per day
September 2018 start
Huddersfield SEND School
Potentially leading to a one-year, full time contract for the right candidate (with Vision), this role is specialist and requires somebody skilled in working with students with ASC, sensory needs and some high emotional needs, with appropriate skills in AAC - for example PECS, Makaton and I.T.
We are seeking a Team Teach trained Teaching Assistant with experience of Autism and prior experience gained either with children and young people with autism in a school, special school or in a care, social care or youth work setting.
- You must be professional and capable to of working to the high standards of this Ofsted rated ‘Good’ School.
- Key attributes include a patient, calm, understanding approach that is considerate of students often complex needs.
- Also vital is the willingness to contribute to the wider success and life of the school through extra curricular activities and special events, sharing in these with students.
- We require an exceptional teamworker with student’s development and potential at the heart of all that you do.
- In times of crisis for young people you must be calm, capable and skilled in de-escalation; at all times prioritising student safety.
- Existing knowledge and Team Teach training is preferred, however a refresher course will be provided. This post is for 30 hours per week.
Please apply with your CV or call us to discuss your application on 01484 642928
At Vision for Education we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously. Our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded. As part of the Vision for Education team, and as an Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly through PAYE
• Support throughout your placements
• Access to a dedicated consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Unparalleled daily rates
• Access to free CPD such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness, Child Protection, Safeguarding and Moving and Handling qualifications
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations) to make sure you get paid what you deserve
• £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
• Pension Contributions (subject to qualifying period)
• Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
If you are a Trained Teaching Assistant or Support Assistant, or are Qualified by Experience working in SEND, Behaviour Support, Mental Health, with Autism, LAC, in Youth Work, we would love to hear from you..