The North East Learning Trust are seeking to appoint a Technical and Curriculum Science Assistant at Ashington Academy.
We are looking for a suitably qualified and experienced member of staff to advise and support Science staff in all aspects of their work, for example, supporting students in class, preparation of teaching and practical materials and displays, updating records, including production of reports and analysing information.
• Have proven experience in a laboratory or school prep room
• Competent to trial, prepare and set up practicals in all 3 Science disciplines for lessons
• Have highly developed communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
• Have energy, enthusiasm and initiative.
We can offer:
• A vibrant learning community with highly motivated children
• A positive and caring ethos
• An excellent working environment
• A team of hardworking, dedicated and friendly staff where everyone is valued
• A supportive and effective governing body
• Opportunities for continuing professional development.
All visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office, to arrange an appointment on 01670 822625. This post is subject to a full-enhanced DBS disclosure.
Closing date: Friday 31 August
Short-listing: 3 September 2018
Interviews: w/c 10 September 2018
For further information, please download an application pack from the Trust website: www.nelt.co.uk or www.bedlingtonacademy.co.uk or Jade Hutton, Support Services Manager on 01670 822625 . This should be returned to email@example.com or to Jade Hutton, Bedlington Academy, Palace Road, Bedlington, NE22 7DS.
The North East Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
The North East Learning Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We want to develop a more diverse workforce and we positively welcome applicants from all sections of the community.