Kenton School is recognised at a National Level for excellence and innovation in the Arts and offers an extensive and inclusive Arts curriculum, with the core belief that Arts education is a fundamental right for all young people, regardless of ability and socioeconomic background. We are extremely committed to ensuring all our students receive a broad and balanced curriculum with the Arts at the heart of our curriculum.
In recent Ofsted reports, student achievement and teaching and learning in the Arts were a central focus and highly praised, with the school being recognised as a beacon for the Arts in the North East. Kenton School is a Gold Artsmark School on a two-year journey to Platinum accreditation and has recently been shortlisted as TES Creative School of the Year.
The Art department at Kenton School is a highly skilled, enthusiastic and forward-looking team comprising of seven talented Art specialists supported by our own technician. In addition to our five general purpose Art studios, two Graphics Studios, darkroom and photography suites we also have a superbly equipped Ceramics studio and two fully equipped Textiles studios.
We are seeking applications for the post of Technician to support our Art and Media teams. This will involve:
• Preparing and setting up resources and equipment for lessons, including preparing large quantities of clay and using the kiln
• Filming and editing of school media clips
• Maintaining displays
• Ordering stocks and supplies
• Ensuring workspaces are clean and safe
• Updating and maintaining department databases.
We are seeking candidates with:
• Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with both children and adults
• Knowledge of health and safety with the ability to carry out risk assessments is essential.
• Knowledge and experience of the Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Premiere and Photoshop
In addition, the following would be an advantage but not essential as full training can be provided:
• Experience working in a pottery/ceramics related discipline
• Knowledge of cameras and studio lighting
Application forms and further details for all posts are available directly from our website at www.kenton.newcastle.sch.uk or by contacting us by telephone on 0191 214 2200 or by email at email@example.com.
Closing date: noon on 9 December 2019
Kenton Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers in our schools to share this commitment. We are fully committed to ensuring that consistent effective safeguarding procedures are in place to support families.