1. To liaise regularly with the Head of Department/Head of Faculty.
2. General preparation of materials within the Technology Department and assisting with the demonstration of lessons
3. Basic maintenance and setting up of workshop tools and machinery
4. Supporting staff in the use of ICT, including CAD/CAM
5. Organise, maintain and monitor all Technology tools, machines and equipment.
6. Ordering of resources and stock
7. Maintaining an inventory and management of materials and stock
8. Use of heat treatment facilities — brazing, welding and casting
9. Reporting of faulty machinery and liaising with contractors where appropriate
10. Maintaining classroom displays
11. Health and Safety audits and advice to staff
12. Potable Appliance Testing of all electrical equipment in designated areas.
13. Assisting teachers to support teaching and learning in the classroom
14. To comply with the Academy's Child Safeguarding Procedures, including regular liaison with the Academy's Designated Child Safeguarding Person over any safeguarding issues or concerns;
15. To comply with the Academy policies and procedures at all times.
16. Undertake other reasonable duties (with competence and experience) as requested, in accordance with the changing needs of the organisation.