Here’s Your Opportunity to Teach in New Zealand!
EDUCATION PERSONNEL WILL BE IN THE UK IN FEBRUARY 2018 AND IRELAND IN MARCH 2018. COME AND MEET US IN PERSON AND FIND OUT ABOUT TEACHING IN NEW ZEALAND -
Now is the perfect time to relocate to New Zealand; you may be eligible for one of the recently announced overseas relocation grants! Click here to find out more. Our recruitment consultant for this role will be in London, from 10- 14 February and Liverpool from 16 - 18 February; this is the perfect opportunity to meet Kristina and be interviewed in person for this role.
Waiopehu College, with a role of approximately 640 students, is a vibrant and successful co-educational secondary school in Levin, in the lower North Island of New Zealand. The college is looking for a dynamic teacher in the subject area of resistant materials with recent experience in teaching to senior students. The school’s inclusive school culture encourages students to participate and achieve in a range of leadership, sporting, arts and cultural activities within and outside the classroom.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-resourced department, with strong, established courses in all technology specialties.
The technology department has 4 teachers (2 hard materials, 1 soft materials and a DVC teacher) and 5 teaching spaces (2 hard materials workshops plus 3 rooms). The metal workshop is well equipped with 5 metal lathes, a small forge and casting pot, electric and gas welding equipment, drills and mills, 7 workbenches, hand tools, a small break and guillotine, and metal storage racks.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Have a PGCE in Design Technology
- you will have proven experience in teaching Resistant Materials (metal) to senior level;
- you may have experience in teaching Engineering as a subject to A-level/BTec
- demonstrate innovative practice in this curriculum area;
- be proficient and experienced in using the appropriate technology equipment in a safe and supporting classroom environment.
- May hold an Engineering degree and work experience in this sector
- Additionally, should the successful candidate have the right level of experience, this role has the opportunity to become a leadership position.
Levin has a great central location! Located 95km north of the capital city Wellington, Levin is a 10 minute drive to beaches, a lake and walking tracks in the Tararua Ranges – a great spot for those who love being outdoors. Levin has a population of 20,000 and has all the amenities you could ever need. The neighbouring Kapiti Coast is also a favourite destination for many with it’s beaches, cafes and attractive lifestyle options.
Please request an information and application pack by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference # 437, or call Kristina Appleby on +64 4 910 2212.