Innovative and experienced Resistant Materials Technology teacher? Love skiing, the outdoors and looking to relocate to the beautiful South Island of New Zealand?
South Otago High School is a co-educational secondary school just a short drive from world class wineries, ski fields and adventure sports in New Zealand’s scenic South Island. With a roll of 520 students and 42 staff, the school is large enough to offer a broad curriculum, but also small enough to offer individual attention to their students.
The technology department of 6 is looking for a dynamic workshop-based teacher in the subject area of resistant materials (wood and/or metal) with recent experience in teaching to senior level. As a collaborative teacher with an innovative approach, you’ll be a crucial part of adding value and new projects to your department.
Desirable skills and experience:
- have a PGCE in Design Technology (or similar)
- you will have proven experience in teaching Resistant Materials (metal and/or wood) to senior level;
- specialist knowledge in graphics and/or basic IT is a bonus;
- you may have experience in teaching Engineering as a subject to A-level/BTec
- demonstrate innovative practice in this curriculum area;
- be proficient and experienced in using the appropriate technology equipment in a safe and supporting classroom environment;
- ability to integrate in the wider community and develop positive student relationships.
There is no better time to relocate to New Zealand with the government’s recently announced overseas relocation grants!
Please request an information and application pack by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference # 778, or call Zaf Burns on +64 4 910 2214.