Temporary Catering Supervisor (until March 2022)
Hours: 33.75 (07:30 - 14:45 - 30 minute break Monday to Friday, Term Time only)
Salary: Grade C SP 5 - £19312 / annum FTE (actual Pro Rata salary £14730 / annum)
Start Date: ASAP
We are looking for a temporary Catering Supervisor with the relevant skills, knowledge and experience, who wants to join and compliment our enthusiastic, passionate and dedicated kitchen team, from the 4th January 2021 (a pre-Christmas start date is also available) until 31st March 2021. This role may also lead to a permanent position within the school catering team.
What are we looking for?
At Thames we are committed to inclusion and we need someone who is caring, approachable, flexible and resilient and can bring out the very best in our catering team and deliver exceptional food for our children.
In particular we are looking someone who can:
● Deliver a varied, healthy and nutritional food menu to approx 300+ pupils on a daily basis.
● Manage a catering team to ensure the relevant food safety and hygiene policies are adhered to.
● Manage food storage and stock rotation to ensure only the freshest food is delivered to our children.
● Order food and supplies in line with set budgets.
● Motivate and inspire those around them.
What can we offer you?
● A wonderful, modern and purposeful working environment with excellent facilities and a wealth of resources to support our catering service.
● A hardworking, dedicated and supportive team of professionals who work well together and strive for excellence in everything they do.
● High quality support and a wealth of professional development opportunities.
● A supportive leadership team and local governing body who are committed to staff wellbeing and reducing unnecessary workload.
● Fantastic children and supportive parents who both deserve the best.
I would warmly encourage you to take a look at our website at https://thamesprimary.co.uk and our ‘Taste of Thames’ video which will give you a real flavour of life at Thames.
Thank you for your interest and I wish you the best of luck with your Application.
How to Apply
1. Read the job description and person specification carefully.
2. Complete the application form online.
3. Ensure your supporting letter is concise (no more than 2 sides of A4 font size 12) and relates to the person specification.
If you would like to visit the school prior to applying then please contact the school office 01253 341466
Closing date for applications: 12 noon Friday 3rd December 2021.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview week commencing 6th December
Thames Primary Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 11 years
Welcome to Thames Primary Academy
At Thames Primary Academy we strive to ensure our pupils enjoy the best possible education and we are continuously driving for improvement.
“Let Your Potential Soar”
At Thames we take the ‘whole child’ into account. ...