Gad's Hill School is an Independent School for pupils aged 3 to 16, with an average class size of 14 pupils.
TEMPORARY Science Technician
Gad’s Hill School requires a capable and organised Technician to join our small Science team. Full details of responsibilities can be found within the job description but, in summary, the successful candidate will be responsible for the preparation and organisation of Science classroom materials and other resources, providing technical support to teachers and contributing to students’ learning experience in the subject.
Combined Science Trilogy (Double award) is currently compulsory at GCSE but we intend to implement Triple Science from September 2021. Science in the Senior School is currently taught by two specialist teachers, who will be joined in 2021/22 by a trainee. The school currently uses the AQA exam board. In 2019 the department achieved a 93% GCSE pass rate.
Gad’s Hill School requires a Science Technician on a temporary contract for the academic year 2021/22 to provide support to the Science department.
- 26.5 per week, across 5 days and to be agreed - between 8.30am and 4pm. Term time only.
Completed application forms are to be received either:
- via the TES online application form; or
- by email only to the Headmaster, Mr Paul Savage, via his PA, Mrs Tracy Barker: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed applications must be received by the School no later than 10am on Monday 5 July 2021. Please note that if you do not receive an acknowledgement of your emailed application by this time please contact the School as a matter of urgency as you should assume your application has not been received.
Interviews will be held at the School shortly afterwards and it is hoped that the selected candidate will be able to commence employment from the start of the Autumn Term 2021 (Tuesday 31st August).
Gad’s Hill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service checks (DBS) and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. An overseas police check will be required by candidates who have worked or resided outside of the UK, in the last 5 years.
- Experience of working in Science roles as support or in a school environment
- Knowledge of Health and Safety in relation to Science
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- An adaptable and creative approach to day to day work
- Able to use own initiative
- Knowledge of, or current, CLEAPSS certifications.
Gad's Hill School
Higham, near Rochester and Gravesend, Kent
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 16 years