The Samworth Church Academy are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and suitably experienced Science Technician to support the Science Department.
Duties will include preparing materials and resources for lessons, setting up equipment for practical sessions and assisting teaching staff with practical and examination work. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your laboratory skills.
The Samworth Church Academy opened in September 2008 and enjoys 21st century facilities, highly motivated and professionally developed staffing which allows us to focus on our fantastic students with a mission to be 'the best we can be'.
You will have:-
- A passion for the success of students
- A determination to fulfil your own potential
- An enthusiasm for coaching and nurturing
- A willingness to face new challenges
- A hunger for both autonomy and accountability
- And will want to be part of an organisation that:
- Puts the children of the Academy and its people first
- Judges its success by the success of its students
- Supports and values its staff
- Understands the challenges in education
Applicants should be educated to GCSE in English and Maths to Grade C (or above) and preferably A level in Science.
You will have the ability to work under pressure and deal with a number of different situations in quick succession.
If you think you could make a difference to our students and would like to have a role with real job satisfaction, then this may be the post for you!
Closing date: 10.00a.m. 9th December 2019
Interviews: w.c. 9th December 2019
No agencies please
Safeguarding Recruitment Statement:
The Samworth Church Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.