DAVISON C.E. HIGH SCHOOL FOR GIRLS
TEMPORARY TEACHER OF ENGLISH to cover maternity leave for one academic year
Required for September 2018
Davison CE High School for Girls is a successful 11-16 school. Our recent Section 48 SIAMS inspection, judged us to be an “Outstanding” Church School. The English department is highly successful and our 2017 GCSE results in English Language and Literature were 85% grade 4-9. Our aim is to ensure every girl reaches her full potential. We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic colleague who can demonstrate their ability as an excellent classroom practitioner. Applications from newly qualified teachers or experienced practitioners are welcome.
We require an English Specialist who:
• has the ability to work as a part of a team in a lively large department
• can teach high quality lessons at KS3 and KS4
• can recognise and nurture the potential of all pupils
• is able to use ICT to enthuse and engage
• is committed to enrichment/extra-curricular activities
We are a school where teachers want to teach and pupils want to learn. We would offer the successful applicant:
• a superb staff induction programme with excellent professional support for NQTs
• modern ICT facilities and resources in the English department
• an enjoyable, stimulating and supportive environment
The post is subject to DBS clearance and Davison actively promotes the welfare and safety of children.
We have an on-site day nursery which provides term time child care at competitive rates.
For further details and an application form, please see the school website; www.davisonhigh.school
Applications to Mr Chris Keating, Headteacher, Davison CE High School, Selborne Road, Worthing, West Sussex, BN11 2JX. Tel: 01903 233835
The post is open to applications until Monday 19th March at 9.00am
The school reserves the right to appoint at any time during the recruitment process.