The Oriel RE Department
INNOVATIVE, MOTIVATED AND SUCCESSFUL
The Oriel RE team currently consists of 2 full-time and one part time teacher. There are three full-size RE classrooms all with interactive white-board, projector and teacher’s PC, along with a dedicated Humanities Re-source Room which offers a communal workspace for Humanities Faculty teachers. Additionally smaller seminar rooms are available for Sixth Form lessons.
The RE teachers at Oriel aim to provide every student with the opportuni-ty to develop their religious and ethical knowledge. Every student at KS4 sits the short-course GCSE, with many taking on the full-course GCSE op-tion.
Our curriculum covers a range of world religions across all key stages, with particular emphasis on Christianity and Islam at KS4 and following the OCR specification at A level. We offer a lot of opportunity to adapt your teach-ing to your own expertise and the needs of your students. Oriel RE teach-ers encourage students to extend their RE knowledge by engaging in fur-ther reading and promoting independence at KS4 and KS5. Our approach to teaching interleaves the necessary skills with establishing a passion and enthusiasm for the subject beyond the classroom. Our team is committed to ensuring that every student is successful in their journey studying RE at Oriel.
We are looking to appoint someone who…...
- Is knowledgeable and passionate about all aspects of Religious Education who is motivated to support students in achieving their full potential and who wants to join a committed and enthusiastic team.
- Will lead in providing first-class teaching and learning for our students; as well as being an excellent collaborator to drive the knowledge agenda and pedagogy within the department.
- Has experience of teaching RE across KS3 and KS4.
- Has either experience of or a strong desire to teach RE at KS5.
- Is willing to support the department in delivering extra-curricular opportunities, and study-supports sessions guiding students with their on-going learning at GCSE and A-Level.
We have excellent support for NQTs and would welcome applications from newly qualified teachers who would like to grow and develop in an innovative and forward thinking department; or more experienced teachers. Oriel has a detailed NQT train-ing package praised by West Sussex and actively encourages CPD throughout the school with a comprehensive program for teachers at all stages of their careers.