Temporary Year 2 Teacher required
Canterbury School was founded in 1972 and is now one of the leading schools in the Canary Islands. It offers a British education to over 1200 pupils across all Key Stages, catering for children from the age of 2-18, as well as a high level of education in the Spanish system which enables our students to access the University of their choice at the end of their school career. The school is housed over four sites in Gran Canaria, all of which have excellent facilities and are well resourced. We have a strong, enthusiastic staff team, very supportive parents and wonderful children!
We are looking for a temporary Year 2 teacher to join our excellent team in the Primary Department to cover a leave of absence. Dates to be confirmed, but likely to be mid February until the end of March 2019. There are three Year 2 classes in the year group and the teachers work closely together as a team. The Primary Department is situated along with the Secondary Department in San Lorenzo, a pleasant rural area just outside the city of Las Palmas.
For more information about the school please have a look at our web page: www.canterburyschool.com
Canterbury School is a member of the National Association of British Schools in Spain.
Lonely Planet says of Las Palmas: “Las Palmas has a mainland-Spain feel, spiced up with an eclectic mix of other cultures... It’s an intriguing place, with the sunny languor and energy you would normally associate with the Mediterranean or North Africa. The hooting taxis, bustling shopping districts, chatty bars and thriving port all give off the energy of this city.”
Applicants must be first language ENGLISH SPEAKERS and must have:
• At least two years experience teaching, ideally in Year 2
• EU citizenship
• Be excellent classroom practitioners who are motivated, caring, enthusiastic and committed.
• Have high expectations of achievement and behaviour in all children.
• Be positive, reflective, creative and flexible.
• Have excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team.
Experience of teaching Talk for Writing is desirable as is previous experience working with children of whom English is not their first language.
Canterbury School offers:
• A reputation as a well established and highly regarded school.
• The opportunity to live in the vibrant, cosmopolitan city of Las Palmas with all year round sunshine.
• Confident, welcoming students who are eager to learn.
• A team of teachers who are friendly, open and happy, who help each other, and who really enjoy teaching and living in Gran Canaria.
• A maximum class size of 25 pupils.
• A daily hot lunch.
• Professional development opportunities.
• Support with relocation and necessary documentation.
Successful applicants will be interviewed by Skype.
Salary is paid according to the Spanish pay scale.
Canterbury School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children. The position is subject to enhanced disclosure procedures.