Who are we?
London Marathon Events Limited (LME) organises some of the biggest and best mass participation sports events in the UK including the Virgin Money London Marathon, the Prudential RideLondon festival of cycling, the Vitality Westminster Mile and Swim Serpentine. We are a not-for-profit organisation and any surplus we make is given to the London Marathon Charitable Trust to improve sports and recreation in the UK. The Trust has awarded in excess of £67 million to more than 1,200 projects in London and beyond.
Integrity, Excellence, Together, Inspiration and Fun are at the core of everything we do. LME staff live and breathe these values in and outside the work place and so are a natural fit for our business. Our staff work collaboratively to ensure every event is even better than the last and strive for the best and most memorable experience possible for our participants, employees, sponsors and charities.
About the role
LME is looking for a passionate, highly organised, articulate and engaging Project Manager to lead on our partnership with The Daily Mile Foundation to make London the world’s first capital city to introduce The Daily Mile into every primary school. Reporting to LME Communications Director, the successful candidate will develop and deliver the plan to introduce The Daily Mile into every primary school in all 32 London boroughs and the City of London.
About The Daily Mile
Read here https://thedailymile.co.uk/
- Develop and deliver a detailed strategy to roll out The Daily Mile to primary schools in every London borough by 2023
- Trial delivery programme with priority London boroughs over a six month period, seek feedback and adapt the delivery programme as required before rolling out to other London boroughs
- Develop and nurture strong relationships with key stakeholders including City Hall, central and local government, The Daily Mile Foundation and any nominated delivery partners
- Develop and nurture strong relationships with head teachers in all of London’s primary schools
- Work closely with the founders of The Daily Mile and The Daily Mile Foundation to ensure the integrity of The Daily Mile is maintained
- Work with the founders of The Daily Mile and The Daily Mile Foundation to develop physical and digital marketing collateral to engage head teachers and schools to adopt The Daily Mile
- Work with the communications team to promote the success of the delivery programme and create media moments as required
In order to be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- Genuine understanding of how primary schools operate gained through extensive experience of working in primary schools
- Proven experience of successfully working with primary school headteachers or having been a primary school head teacher yourself
- Proven success in managing projects from conception to completion
- Ability to form sound relationships and build trust/rapport
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal – with the ability to influence
- Ability to prioritise, organise and manage a diverse and complex workload and to work under pressure
- Strong planning and organisational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Persistence and the ability to problem solve to overcome barriers
- High degree of computer literacy with ability to use Microsoft and PowerPoint, Office 365
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Ability to work both as part of a team and under your own initiative
- Ability to work flexibly, including event weekends as required
- Experience of operating The Daily Mile in a primary school would be an advantage
If you are interested in this role, please apply with a CV and covering letter via the following link:
The closing date for this role is Friday 21 September 2018.