The Difference Leaders Programme 2022
Have you heard about the Difference Leadership Programme?
Registration for our latest cohort of Difference Leaders is now open. We will be accepting applications from teachers, middle leaders, and senior leaders from across Yorkshire and the Humber - with a particular interest in working with candidates within reach of Leeds, Hull, Sheffield, and York.
Register now to receive your unique application link for when applications open on Monday 20th December 2021.
Have you got:
• The drive for a challenge
• A commitment to social justice
• The skill to lead
��� And the hunger to learn?
Then you could be a Difference Leader in 2022.
The Difference is looking for the country’s most committed, creative, and capable teachers ready to take on a new challenge as a senior leader in a pupil referral unit or alternative provision school. Could this be you?
The Difference Leaders Programme provides sector-leading professional development, the opportunity for career progression, a network of inclusively minded peers and upskills participants to have an impact on the children who need you most. An intensive two-year leadership development course is matched with a senior leadership post in a Good+ school for excluded pupils.
Difference Leaders are:
• Driven by the mission to reduce school exclusion and improve life outcomes for the most vulnerable learners
• Optimistic about what children can achieve in the face of significant adversity
• Great teachers with experience of leading the practice of colleagues (in middle or senior leadership)
• Systems-thinkers, who enjoy learning and thinking creatively about how to change school systems, cultures, and practice
Difference Leaders get:
• Senior leadership position in an alternative provision school for two years
• Two years of evidence-led training in improving pupil learning, safeguarding, and wellbeing via residential (social distancing guidelines permitting), away-day training sessions, twilight seminars, and group supervision with a psychologist
• Bespoke leadership development via in-school coaching
• Network of like-minded school leaders across the country, passionate about re-thinking education for the most vulnerable
• Onwards career support for Difference Leaders to return to mainstream as senior leaders of Inclusion
Currently, only 4.3% of excluded children get a pass in English and maths. Half are unemployed straight after school and far too many enter the criminal justice system. Could you be part of changing this story?
Register now for more information and to attend the information evening.
The Difference is committed to fair and diverse recruitment.
The Difference is a new charity whose mission is to bring the best in education to the children who need it most. We achieve this through our two-year programme, training the next generation of school leaders, upskilled in supporting pupil mental hea...