Therapeutic Education Practitioner (Learning Mentor)
An inspiring opportunity to take your career to the next level and help shape the lives of our most vulnerable young people.
Salary: £21,000 - £24,000 per annum
Location: TCES Create Learning Secondary, E16 3NR
Contract: Permanent, Term time only
The Complete Education Solution (TCES)
TCES is a group of Ofsted rated Good and Outstanding schools and services for pupils aged 7 to 19 with an Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC) and/or Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs. We are committed to achieving the best outcome for each pupil and their family through access to excellent education and family support.
TCES Create Learning runs parallel to our independent day schools. Here education focuses on the developmental milestones and a holistic curriculum. We provide a happy, safe and secure learning environment where pupils grow in independence. Every pupil goes through a different journey at Create Learning, with highly differentiated and personalised education programmes developed for each pupil.
The Role - Therapeutic Education Practitioner (Learning Mentor)
We are looking for Therapeutic Education Practitioners to mentor and support young people with complex neuro-diverse needs through holistic and therapeutic strategies within a community setting. You will deliver bespoke learning programmes for pupils who require intensive intervention for academic, social and emotional development.
Essential requirements to be successful in the role are:
- Hold Literacy and Numeracy qualifications at level two or above (or equivalent qualifications).
- Minimum of one year's experience working directly with high risk and complex pupils in a recognised social work, youth work or education setting.
- Substantial experience of working with young people with SEMH.
- Be a positive role model.
- A flexible, ‘can do’ attitude.
In return we offer :
- Competitive salary and terms and conditions.
- An opportunity to make a real difference and join a leading provider of specialist education, directly contributing towards positive outcomes for pupils with SEMH and ASC.
- Excellent CPD opportunities with all staff provided an individual Learning & Development Plan to support career development, including education qualifications at all levels (QTS / QTLS / NPQs) and options to take progressive Ofqual registered Level 3 – 5 qualifications in Therapeutic Education.
- Comprehensive induction process, including all pupil-facing staff supported in receiving the Level 3 Award in Therapeutic Education and Group Process.
- Regular half termly staff wellbeing days.
- A range of employee support and wellbeing benefits including our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), counselling and contributions towards medical costs and an exclusive rewards platform.
Closing date 12 December 2021
Please complete the application form and equal opportunities form and return to email@example.com or visit our website t o complete the forms online.
TCES is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects all staff to share this commitment. The appointment is subject to all relevant checks such as references, medical clearance and a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.
The Complete Education Solution (TCES) is a group of Ofsted rated Good and Outstanding schools and services for pupils aged 7 to 19 with an Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC) and/or Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs. We are committed to ...