Trainee Cover Supervisor
Vision for Education is looking to recruitment eight enthusiastic and dedicated university graduates who are passionate about working with young people, to become part of our Cover Supervisor supply pool that supports secondary schools across Teesside.
Cover Supervisor responsibilities
Cover Supervisors supervise a class of students in the absence of their regular teacher. They provide cover for a range of year groups and subject classes. Key responsibilities include delivering a lesson which has been set by the students’ regular teacher. Helping and supporting pupils to complete the set tasks. Supervising and managing the students’ behavior.
Thinking of getting into teaching?
If you are thinking about a career in teaching, working as a Cover Supervisor could be the perfect progression route into teacher training. Being a Cover Supervisor offers you the chance to work in different schools and provide cover for different subjects, which will help you make more informed decisions about how you want to progress your teaching career. It will also provide you with the experience you need to secure your place on a teacher training course.
We have teamed up with Acklam Grange School in Middlesbrough, who will provide the successful applicants with full school-based training, which will enable you to become part of Vision for Education’s Cover Supervisor supply pool.
The ideal candidate:
- Must have a honours degree and their own transport.
- Experience of working with young people is desirable, but this does not have to be in a school setting.
- Passionate, imaginative and self-motivated.
- Strong communicator and role model to young children.
- Ability to build strong relationships with others and manage behaviour.
What we offer:
- £80 a day (after training) - paid weekly as PAYE by our in-house payroll.
- Flexible working – you can choose the days and hours you want to work.
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- FREE CPD training courses, to help you keep up with the latest developments and advance your career.
- Regular FREE social events, giving you the chance to network with other education staff, widen your professional contacts – and have a great night out!
- Generous refer a friend and colleagues bonus scheme.
- Friendly and experienced education consultants, who will support you throughout your placement.
How to apply
This unique opportunity has a limited number of spaces, so we would encourage you to apply now.
To apply, you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
If you feel you have the qualities we are looking, simply click on the Apply button to send us your updated CV together with a covering letter outlining your experiences.