Role: Trainee Recruitment Consultant
Location: Finsbury, London
Salary: £25,000 per annum + uncapped commission
Contract: Full time, permanent
Smart Teachers recruit and supply teachers and support staff for temporary and permanent positions in primary, secondary and SEND schools. We have branches in England and Australia and are part of the world-renowned digital education company Tes Global. We are incredibly proud of our reputation as a leading education recruitment company, both in the UK and overseas. Due to planned expansion, we are looking to recruit several motivated and driven Trainee Recruitment Consultants to join Smart Teachers' lively office in the Moorgate/Liverpool Street area of London.
At Smart Teachers, we like to invest in our staff and are pleased to offer a comprehensive training package to the successful Trainee Recruitment Consultants. During your first six months, you will be closely supported by mentors from our senior leadership team & your branch, and will actively participate in regular training in branch or at our Head Office which will be organised by our in-house Training Manager.
Our structured Trainee Recruitment Consultant scheme will provide you with all the skills, knowledge and hands-on experience you need to become a successful Recruitment Consultant with Smart Teachers.
The Trainee Recruitment Consultant scheme will cover all aspects of your role including:
• An in-depth introduction to education, to help you develop a good knowledge and understanding of the sector.
• Candidate attraction tools and creative advert and CV writing.
• Job board and CRM systems training.
• Pre-screening, shortlisting and interview techniques.
• Safeguarding policies and clearance procedures.
• Effective candidate and client management and retention strategies.
• Securing and conducting business development calls and meetings with schools.
• Organising and attending candidate recruitment and client development events.
The successful candidate
To secure a place on our highly competitive Trainee Recruitment Consultant scheme, you will:
• Have completed a foundation or bachelor’s degree. We also welcome applications from experienced education practitioners and qualified teachers with PGCE, QTS or QTLS.
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be proficient in using IT equipment and software.
• Have the ability to organise your own workload, meet deadlines and use your initiative.
• Be self-motivated, hardworking and have the enthusiasm to learn.
• Possess a professional and ethical approach to business.
• Have the ability to create and maintain relationships over the telephone and face-to face.
• Possess a desire to exceed the highest levels of customer service.
What we offer
Successful Trainee Recruitment Consultants will benefit from:
• £25,000 per annum basic salary + uncapped bonus scheme.
• Termly competition incentives.
• Company pension and benefits scheme.
• Regular subsidised social events and annual company celebration event.
• Genuine career development and progression opportunities.
Hours of work
During school term time: 7am - 4pm / 9am - 6pm on a rotating pattern (Mon - Fri).
Reduced hours during school holidays.
How to apply
You can apply for the role of Trainee Recruitment Consultant via this website. Please make sure you provide us with an up to date CV including your full employment and education history, as well as contact details so we can get in touch with you. If you would like to find out more about the Trainee Recruitment Consultant position, please call Marguerite Mooney, our Training and Retention Manager on 07896 950 569 for a confidential chat.